Which Income Tax Return (ITR) Form should I File?

ITR - 1

a) Pension / Salary b) Income from one house property c) Income from other sources d) Agricultural income up to Rs 5000

To be filed if income includes:

ITR - 2

a) Pension / Salary b) Income from house property c) Other sources including lottery and race horses

Individuals or HUF whose total income from below sources exceeds 50 lakhs:

ITR - 3

If they have income from a proprietary business or are carrying on a profession

To be used by Taxpayers:

ITR - 4

a) Business or Professional income under presumptive income scheme under section 44AD, 44ADA or 44AE

Individuals, HUFs & Partnership Firms whose total income includes 

ITR - 4

b) Income from salary or pension up to Rs 50 lakh c) Income from one house property, upto Rs 50 lakh d) Income from other sources upto Rs 50 Lakhs


ITR - 5

AOPs, LLPs, BOIs, Estate of deceased, Estate of insolvent, Artificial Juridical Person (AJP), Business trust and investment fund.

To be used by firms:

ITR - 6

Other than companies claiming exemption under section 11 (Income from property held for charitable or religious purposes). This return can be filed only electronically.

To be used by companies:

ITR - 7

Including companies required to furnish returns under section 139(4A) or section 139(4B) or section 139(4C) or section 139(4D) or section 139(4E) or section 139(4F).

To be used by persons:


Follow us on


Wealth Baba

Subscribe to our mailing list